Dancing Through Life


I have been dancing for most of my life. I was enrolled in ballet when I was almost seven years old and continued to take ballet until I was a senior in high school. The photo on the left is from my first year of Nutcracker from when I was a snow tree. If you can't tell I am the one on the left in the front. It was probably a good thing I was enrolled in ballet because my throwing and kicking skills are not the best. I am also not the most physically aggressive and would prefer not to run into other people, I do that enough on accident. I was more of a recreational dancer than anything but it has been a constant in my life for the past thirteen years. Since enrolling in college, I have participated in various types of dance such as jazz, social, Polynesian, folk, and Latin. These classes have always been a way for me to get in some physical activity while having fun. Nothing gives me almost as much instant joy as getting on the floor and breaking into dance. Not only have I learned how to dance in different ways but I have been able to learn about different cultures and have made friendships with others. I still keep in contact with friends that I made in ballet over the years and knowing classical music has come in handy during classes. Although I have never been the best at dancing, I would say that having this much dance exposure has made me a better dancer than most. In addition to being able to pick up choreography more easily, I also have better flexibility and musicality. If someone is wondering about an activity that involves fun, movement, and skills then dance may be something that they should look into.



Comments

  1. That is so cool! Dancing is a lot of fun :) Out of jazz, social, Polynesian, folk and Latin which one was your favorite? I was thinking about trying one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polynesian was a lot of fun! I liked doing Tahitian dance because of all the fast hip movements :)

      Delete
  2. That picture cracks me up. I love kid pictures. I'm a dancer too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Scariest thing on Halloween-Turning in my Research Paper

Friendship Formation