Ronald A. Rasband- Divine Design

In his talk given in the Saturday Afternoon Session, Ronald A. Rasband gave a talk about the divine design of Heavenly Father. His talk was memorable for me because of what happened that day. I was able to attend conference at the conference center Saturday afternoon with my immediate family except for my dad. After the session of conference, my aunt came home with us because my uncle and my brothers were going to the Priesthood Session. A friend of mine is serving in the Salt Lake Temple Square Mission and so we tried to find her before we left and although we searched and searched, we were not able to find her. We walked around a little more and then started to head to the car, my sister and I realized that my mom and aunt were not right behind us and saw them farther back talking to someone. The woman that they were talking to was a sister missionary from Italy that had served in the Brussels, Belgium mission when my uncle was the mission president. She had recognized my aunt and was able to talk to her and my aunt was able to see this sister missionary and her baby boy. If we had not tried to look for my friend then my aunt would have not seen this woman and so that was a powerful reminder of how the Lord works in our lives.
Another example that I had was about a month and a half ago. It was during midterms and one had not gone as well as I had hoped and I was feeling quite sad because it was much harder than I had anticipated. The following day I was let out of my class early and when I was walking to the library I ran into my younger brother who was on his way to class. I usually don't see him on campus, so it was a great comfort to run into someone I love when I was not feeling the best. This talk reminded that what I was experiencing was the Lord in my life and not purely coincidence. I have found that when I am actively searching for ways the Lord is involved in my life, it is very easy for me to find examples. I hope that everyone who reads this will find something meaningful in this talk and see how the Lord is in the very details of our lives.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences and insights. I'll have to go back and look at that talk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Scariest thing on Halloween-Turning in my Research Paper

Friendship Formation

Dancing Through Life