Blog Conclusion

This is my final blog post for my English 312 class! I can't say that I have been the best at writing and posting regularly on here but it has been nice writing about different topics that I may have not otherwise communicated in some way. It is also hard to believe that my junior year is already halfway over. It seems that just yesterday I was stepping onto BYU campus as a freshman and hoping that I would be able to find all of my classes but now I am almost done with my junior writing class. I was worried that I wouldn't know what to write for my blog posts but the ideas came to my head rather easily. I have written about my hobbies, what I did for a day, and about my family. Fifteen blogs was not as many as I thought it was going to be. I will probably not continue blogging but I may try to make a better effort of writing in my journal, which can be a little more private.  It occurred to me while writing these blog posts that persuasive writing is a big part of everyday communicating. How much of writing is purely technical anyway? Even writing that claims to be purely fact can always be written in a way to sway the audience one way or the other. This has been a good way for me to practice honing my persuasive writing skills by using appeals to pathos, ethos, or logos. Although the blog writing style tends to be a little more casual than a formal paper, this has still helped me understand how to be more persuasive in all kinds of writing.
It has been a good experience reading the other blogs in the class. I enjoyed reading about different things that make up your life such as love stories or your church calling. It is interesting that you can see a person many times but still not know much about their lives but through looking at these blogs I was able to learn a little more about my classmates. It seemed that most of the class was intimidated by this project but it seemed to work out much better than imagined and the quality of the blogs was very good. Having this class be full of different majors was unique because it meant that people would focus their blogs on different subjects and I was able to learn more about things that are outside of my discipline. Learning about others experiences and what they have learned along the way is an opportunity that I am glad to have. The content was uplifting and followed the pattern of flooding the earth that Elder Bednar discussed in his address. Overall, this was an good experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scariest thing on Halloween-Turning in my Research Paper

Friendship Formation

Dancing Through Life